Illustrative Map of the Geology of the Bushveld Complex - 2nd Edition
This is a companion map to the PGM & Chrome mining maps
This zipped .kmz file contains three layers, including:
- Illustrated Bushveld Complex geology - Lower Zone, Critical Zone, Main Zone and Upper Zone. Importantly the Critical Zone is divided into the Lower Critical Zone, which contains LG and MG seams targetted for primary chrome production and the Upper Critical Zone targetted for primary PGM production. The second edition of the map now also includes the postulated outcrops and sub-outcrops of the main PGM and chromite seams
- Illustrated geological structure - faults
- Ideal for use on PC, tablet or mobile phone.
This file is a .kmz file contained with a Zip folder. You will download a Zip file, extract the .kmz file and open the file with Google Earth or in My Maps in Google Maps.
The file is zipped. So the process is as follows;
1) Extract the content of the zipped file to a folder on your hard drive (right click on the zipped folder and select Extract).
The extracted file is a .kmz file which can be opened in either Google Earth or Google Maps
2) If you have Google Earth installed then you can double click on the .kmz file and it should just open in Google Earth.
3) If you would prefer to open it in Google Maps,
3.1) Open Google Maps
3.2) Open the Google Maps menu and go to Your Places
3.3) Under Your Places go to Maps
3.4) Create a new map and then hit import
3.5) Import the .kmz file off your hard drive.
Then choose which ever layers you wish to view off the menu on the left.
Note that the information contained in this map is illustrative and like all geological maps is an interpretation of information from various sources.
This map is thus not guaranteed to be exhaustive or completely accurate. Map users must consult with a professional geologist or other professional advisor before making any commercial or investment decisions.
The map will be updated from time to time and newer editions will be made available for sale
This map is can be edited and manipulated in either Google Earth or Google Maps. It can form the base for building a business intelligence capability, to use to illustrate presentations, for sales leads discovery, for chrome trading and logistics planning.